African Photography Safaris Tours
African Wildlife Photography Safaris : 2017 and 2018.
When it comes to diversity of wildlife, africa is very special place. Kenya, Tanzania, Zambia, South Africa & Uganda are truely magical places and dream destinations for wildlife photographers.
Africa is incomparable to any other place for Big Cat and Migration Safaris. The diversity and sheer volume of animals in this region is amazing.
There is no other place like Africa for wildlife photographers of all level.
What makes Africa so special?
The abundance of Lions, Leopards and Cheetahs and the daily activities like hunting by these big cats makes it an ideal location to photograph the big cats in their natural habitat. Photograph the stalking big cats , attacking their prey or the tender moments of Lion family where a cub playing with lioness.
The vast African landscapes, sunrises and sunsets are to die for. Masai Mara has featured in several BBC, National Geographic documentaries over years.
Fulfil the dream of photographing and watching these magnificent big cats of Africa and create pictures of lifetime.
The diversity of animals (Big Five – Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Buffalos and Rhinos and the popular Giraffes, Hyenas, Elands and Gazelles to name a few and huge number of birds are present in Africa. The annual wildebeest migration is a spectacular phenomenon not to be missed.
African Photo Safaris : Are these African Photography Safaris Trip For You?
1. We welcome photographers of ALL levels. This safari will be conducive to learning from one another and include instruction that will suit everyone’s photographic needs. No question is off limits, no inquiry too basic.
2. We are BIG on photographing in the field. We will spend most of our time and effort on safari / photographic activities and taking pictures. We will go on morning, afternoon as well as night gamedrives.
3. Non-photographer or videographer spouses / travel companions will love these safaris. The wildlife and cultural experiences on this trip will appeal to anyone with a love for animals,nature and adventure. We have specialist guides leading all activities.
1. We organise Masai Mara Migration Photographic Safaris in July, August and September each year to photograph annual great migration in Masai Mara, Kenya.
2.We oraganise African Big Cat Photographic Safaris in February and March each year to photograph Big Cats of Masai Mara, Kenya.
Photography Group Size Limit : Max 6 participants only
Traveling in a small group is the best way to for photographic adventures and to experience the nature closely.
Keeping that in mind, we have only six people on each tour and each photographer gets a whole row of seat for comfort and to accomodate photography gear. This will ensure you would have plenty of space or shooting fast action as well as you would enjoy a comfortable ride. we'll depart early in the morning to chase the best light, remain at a site of specific photographic interest to fully explore the potential, or move to a new destination when desired.
Photographic Safaris Africa : photographic safaris on offer
What's included in our African Photo Safaris?
• CompletePhotography and post processing tuition.
• Accommodation on a Twin shared basis (single rooms may be available - please inquire)
• All meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, snacks, Tea/Coffee)
• Private game drive activities for our group.
• Private meet and assist services at the airport and chauffeured transfer to the hotel
• Private vehicles and drivers for all road transfers throughout the trip
• Soft drinks, bottled water and snacks during drives and safaris
• Flying Doctor / Emergency medical service
• The current National Park entry permits and tourism levies and all relevant government taxes
About Tour Leader:
Perhaps the most important aspect of a photographic safari is your leader. All our photo safaris including are personally hosted and lead by Nilesh Rathod.
Nilesh is a freelance wildlife photographer and an experienced photo safari leader.
He has spent years in the wilderness, following wildlife day after day and witnessing extraordinary and rare to see behavior.
He has extensive first-hand knowledge on the behavior of many animals including Leopards, Lions, Cheetahs and Elephants etc. Nilesh uses Canon as well as Nikon gear and explains photographic concepts in ways which are easy to understand and practice.
Apart from organising your photo-safaris, Nilesh will accompany to your destination, share his knowledge of wildlife as well as help you with expert tips on wildlife photography and post processing. He will be there to coordinate the driver, instructing him on best positioning, approach, timings and lighting conditions etc.
You may read more about Nilesh by clicking here.
The Cost of African Safaris:
The cost of this all-inclusive african photographic safaris starts from USD $4000 per person on twin share basis.
A single, optional supplement is available. Single supplements are optional for single travellers who want their own room and tent. Otherwise single travellers are paired with another single traveller of the same gender.
- One night stay at a 5 star Nairobi Hotel with dinner
- Flights to and from the Masai Mara from Nairobi
- All airport transfers and ground transportation of luggage
- All accommodation and all meals at Porini Mara Camp
- All park fees
- Exclusive vehicles and qualified driver guides
- Flying Doctor emergency medical service
- Photography tuition
What is NOT included?
- International flights
- Travel Insurance
- Kenyan visa (USD50)
- Tips and gratuities for staff
Recommended Lenses for the photography Tour:
Beanbags are highly recommended for support and they are present in each safari vehicle for your use. If you prefer to bring your own, the camp would be happy to fill it up for you.
Long range : 200-400mm lens/ 100-400mm lens / 200-500mm / 100-400mm zoom lenses mounted (ideally) on a full frame body.
(optional) Medium range len 70-200mm
(optional) Ultra wide angel 10-24mm , 17-40mm
Mandatory Travel Insurance :
Since the areas we travel to on this trip are remote and wild (that's why we go there!), we require travel insurance for our guests' safety. We will require proof of insurance coverage including your insurance company's name, contact number and your individual policy number. Our mandatory insurance policy is in place for your safety.
User looking for African Photographic safaris,Photographic Safaris Africa,African Photography safaris,Photography Safaris Africa,African Photography Tours,Photography Tours Africa,African Photographic Tours,Photographic Tours Africa will find this page useful.