Tiger Photography Tours, India: Ranthmabore National Parks
Due to number of Tigers and scenic beauty, the North West Indian park is famous for tiger sightings and photography worldwide. I regularly lead a private group of photographers as well as wildlife lovers (max 6 in a group) to photograph wild Tigers in their natural habitat. We also photograph India's wide variety of native wildlife. India (Nagpur) is where I grew up and the Tiger reserves of Ranthambore national parks are like my backyard.
India has over 400 species of mammals so this trip will focus not only on seeing and photographing Tigers, but also on India's unique and varied wild fauna. The birdlife in India is also abundant.
Tiger Photo Safari Highlights
• Take professional quality pictures of Tigers, Leopards and Native wildlife under expert guidance.
•Two of India's best National Parks for photographing Tigers, Leopards and native wildlife.
• Only 6 participants in each tour, ensuring personal attention to each one of you.
• 15 game drives in total to increase photo opportunities.
• Photography tuition covering all aspects of wildlife photography.
• Extra attention to accommodate special needs of our photographic equipment.
• Luxury accommodations, including all meals and private road transfers between all stops throughout the trip.
• Focus on up-close and real wildlife experiences from the surroundings of premier accommodations.
Is This Trip For You?
1. We welcome photographers of ALL levels. This safari will be conducive to learning from one another and include instruction that will suit everyone’s photographic needs. No question is off limits, no inquiry too basic.
2. We are BIG on photographing in the field. We will spend most of our time and effort on safari / photographic activities and making images.
3. Non-photographer or videographer spouses / travel companions will love these safaris. The wildlife and cultural experiences on this trip will appeal to anyone with a love for animals and adventure. We have specialist guides leading all activities.
Tour Dates: Tours are available to Kanha and Tadoba National Park during the following months. Since we operate tours in small groups (max 6 participants in a group) we are able to tailor the tour that suits your schedule, rather than publishing our own dates.
Sep 2016 -> Full/No places available
Oct 2016 -> Full/No places available
Nov 2016 -> last 4 places available
Dec 2016 -> last 2 places available
Jan 2017 -> last 4 places available
April 2017 -> last 4 places available
May 2017 -> 6 places available
(Day 1) Arrive at Hotel (New Delhi, India)
You will be warmly welcomed at
International airport and chauffeured to The Radisson Blu hotel (or similar) , which is located just 20 minutes away. We will spend one night at the Radisson.
Accommodation is in Superior View Rooms with en-suite facilities. The restaurant and bars at the Radisson are a treat to the taste buds. Guests can choose from a variety of cuisines and ambiance to enjoy an exceptional dining experience.
Our stay here will include all meals. Dinners, Lunches and Breakfasts are also included for the rest of the trip.
(Day 2 - Day 9) Ranthambore National Park, Sawai Madhopur (Rajasthan)
After an early breakfast, we will be chauffered to the Ranthambore National Park, which is about 6 hours drive from New Delhi.
After we check-in at hotel and have a bite to eat, we will quickly check camera settings, take a few test shots and embark on our first game drive in Ranthambore National Park in the afternoon.
Ranthambore National Park is an essential stop on any serious Tiger safari as it is has one of the highest concentrations of this magnificent animal. Tadoba Tiger reserve has a thriving Tiger population, it offers guests a good chance of encountering the king of the jungle, as well as a selection of other exotic wildlife. Its mixed deciduous forests and woodlands are interspersed with flat grasslands and serene waterholes.
The park offers a variety of wildlife including the Gaur (Indian Bison), Sloth Bear, Sambar Deer, Muntjacini (barking deer), Nilgai Antelope, wild Boar, Asiatic jackal, Bengal fox, Ratel, grey Mongoose, striped Hyena, jungle Cats, and Leopards. The common Langur is also found here. There are also 250 species of bird known to occur in the park.
This morning we will have our last game drive in Ranthambore, and after our game drive we will return to the lodge and enjoy a nice brunch and then a leisurely check out. We will be transferred by road to New Delhi, which should take around 6.5 hours, to arrive in time for our early evening flight.
If you would like to stay the evening in Mumbai/Delhi or want to see the Taj Mahal, please let us know. We would be happy to arrange any additional travel for you.
What's included in the tour?
• Accommodation on a Twin shared basis (single rooms may be available - please inquire)
• All meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, snacks, Tea/Coffee)
• Private game drive activities for our group at both Tadoba and Kanha National Parks
• Private meet and assist services at the airport and chauffeured transfer to the hotel
• Private vehicles and drivers for all road transfers throughout the trip
• Soft drinks and bottled water during sightseeing tours and long drives
• Doctor / Emergency medical service
• The current National Park entry permits and tourism levies and all relevant government taxes
The cost of this all-inclusive photography tour is GBP 3,500 /EUR 4500/ (US$ 5,400) per person. This fee includes all in-country transportation as well as hotel accommodation (double occupancy) and all meals. (For complete privacy, single supplement gives you own cottages at all accomodations, just for GBP 299)
For photography, we will provide a whole row of seats for each photographer, thus providing ample scope, space and flexibility for photography. For the 4x4s normally seating four people, we will seat only two per vehicle, and for the 4x4s seating six, we seat three. Beanbags are provided in each vehicle.
What do I do next? How to book this Tiger and wildlife photography tour?
Our groups are small, so space is limited. If you are excited by the thought of becoming a member of this trip, then now is the time to register. Remember, there will be limited space available for this workshop. You may or if you have any questions before registering, do Contact us with any inquiries.
The resorts are quite happy to fill the refillable beanbags on arrival. Lenses of up to 500mm (on full frame) should suffice for 90% of your needs, the animals can get quite close, but it depends on your kind of photography obviously. A 600mm (or more) would be quite necessary for birds.
What's Not Included in the tour?
• International airfare and/or other transportation between your home and Nagpur, India
• Gratuities for hotel staff
• Gratuities for game drive driver/guides in the National Parks
• Champagne, cognacs, premium-brand spirits, fine wines and cigars
• Visas, travel insurance, personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls etc.)
(Visitor looking for Ranthambore Tiger Photo Safaris India, Tiger Safari Ranthambore India, Tiger Photography Workshops Ranthambore, Tiger Photography Tours, Indian Wildlife Photography Tours, Ranthambore Wildlife Photography Tours, Ranthambore Photography Tours, Ranthambore Tiger Photography Holidays, Ranthambore Tiger Photography will find this page useful.)