Tiger Photography Tours , India : Tadoba & Pench National Parks
India (Nagpur) is where I grew up. Tadoba and Pench national parks are my backyard. Due to high density of Tigers, central Indian region is called Tiger capital of the of world. I regularly lead a private group of photographers (max 6 photographer in a group) to India to photograph wild Tigers and India's wide variety of native wildlife. The safari will include Tadoba and Pench national parks, thus increasing our likelihood of great photographic opportunities.
Tigers are highly endangered and India's National Parks provide some of the last remaining places where one can observe these beautiful cats in their natural habitat, often at very close range. 65% of the world's remaining wild Tigers are found in India and these safaris offers superb opportunities to see and photograph these big cats. India also teems with a wide array of antelope and deer and boasts fifteen species of primates.
In all India has over 400 species of mammals and so this trip will focus not only on seeing and photographing Tigers, but also on India's unique and varied wild fauna. The birdlife in India is also abundant.
We have selected the highest level of accommodation for all locations on this trip to ensure comfort, good food, and excellent service throughout.
Tiger Photo Safari Highlights
• Nine days in two of India's best National Parks photographing Tigers, Leopards and native wildlife.
• Only 6 participants in each tour, ensuring personal attention to each one of you.
• 15 game drives in total to increase photo opportunities.
• Photography tuition covering all aspects of wildlife photography.
• Extra attention to accommodate special needs of our photographic equipment.
• Luxury accomodations, including all meals and private road transfers between all stops throughout the trip.
• Focus on up-close and real wildlife experiences from the surroundings of premier accommodations.
Is This Trip For You?
This safari will suit everyone's photographic needs. Depending on your expectations, we will cover basics of photography ,composition, techniques, post processing and printing. No question is off limits and no inquire is too basic. We will spend maximum time inside the national park, also in the buffer regions where Tigers frequent.
Here are some key points to help you decide:
1. We welcome photographers of ALL levels. This safari will be conducive to learning from one another and include instruction that will suit everyone’s photographic needs. No question is off limits, no inquiry too basic.
2. We are BIG on photographing in the field. We will spend most our time and effort on safari / photographic activities and making images.
3. Non-photographer or videographer spouses / travel companions will love these safaris. The wildlife and cultural experiences on this trip will appeal to anyone with a love for animals and adventure. We have specialist guides leading all activities.
Tour Dates: Tours are available to Kanha and Tadoba National park in following months. Since we operate tours in small groups (max 6 participants in a group) , we are able to tailor the tour that suits you, rather than publishing our own dates.
April 2016 , May 2016, Dec 2016
Jan 2017, April 2017, May 2017
(Day 1) Arrive at Radisson Blu Hotel, Nagpur
Arrive at Nagpur's International Airport (we will be happy to arrange any International air travel for you). You will be warmly welcomed and chauffeured to The Radisson Blu Hotel. We will spend one night at the Radisson Blu.
Accommodation is in Superior View Rooms with en-suite facilities. The restaurants and bars at the Radisson are a treat to the taste buds. Guests can choose from a variety of cuisines and ambiance to enjoy an exceptional dining experience.
Our stay is here will include Breakfast and dinner. Dinners , Lunches and Breakfasts are included for the rest of the trip.
(Day 2- Day 4) Tadoba Andhari National Park
After an early breakfast we will be chauffered to the airport for our flight to Nagpur. Our flight to Nagpur will take approximately 1.5 hours, and upon arrival we will be met by our ground staff and will be driven to Luxury accommodation (Irai Safari Retreat) for the next four nights. The drive will take a few hours and we will arrive for a late lunch.
After we check in and have a bite to eat we will embark on our first game drive in Tadoba National Park in the afternoon.
Tadoba National Park is an essential stop on any serious tiger safari as it is has one of the highest concentrations of this magnificent animal. A relatively small park with a thriving Tiger population, it offers guests a good chance of encountering the king of the jungle, as well as a selection of other exotic wildlife. Its mixed deciduous forests and woodlands are interspersed with flat grasslands and serene waterholes.
The park offers a variety of wildlife in addition to tigers, including the gaur (Indian bison), sloth bear, sambar deer, barking deer, muntjac (barking deer), nilgai antelope, wild boar, Asiatic jackal, Bengal fox, ratel, grey mongoose, striped hyena, jungle cat, and leopard. The common langur and rhesus macaque are the primates found here. There are also 250 species of bird known to occur in the park.
(Day 5) Today we will wake up and have morning game drive at Tadoba, and will return to our lodge and enjoy another amazing meal at the resort. We will check out and say goodbye to the staff and will drive about 3 hour to Pench National Park. We will be chauffered to the Pench National Park. We will arrive at Pench in the late afternoon, check in and get settled in for the next four nights. Upon arrival we will have Tea- Coffee and after dinner.
(Day 6- Day 9) Pench National Park, Madya Pradesh.
Rudyard Kipling, the author of famous "Jungle Book", has mentioned about Mowgli, a wild-child who came from the Pench are of Central India. Pench National Park is picturesque reserve that boasts the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species. Teak forests are interspersed with vast grassy meadows known as maidans, while the Pench river, provides a steady water source for the abundant wildlife.
The ground is covered with maze of grasses, plants, bushes and saplings. Bamboo is also found at places.
We will have morning and afternoon game drives, taking advantage of every opportunity to be out on safari, seeking tigers and other amazing species of mammals and birds while at Tadoba.
(Day 10) This morning we will have our last game drive in Kanha, and after our game drive we will return to the lodge and enjoy a nice brunch and then a leisurely check out. We will be transferred by road to Nagpur, which should take just 2 hours, to arrive in Nagpur.
If you will like to stay the evening in Mumbai/Delhi or want to see the Taj Mahal, please let us know.We will be happy to arrange any additional travel for you.
What's included in the tour?
• Accommodation on a Twin shared basis (single rooms may be available - please inquire).
• All meals (Breakfasts, Lunches Dinners , snacks, Tea/ Coffee)
• Private game drive activities for our group at both Tadoba and Kanha National Parks.
• Private meet and assist services at the airport and chauffeured transfer to the hotel.
• Private vehicles and drivers for all road transfers throughout the trip.
• Soft drinks and bottled water during sightseeing tours and long drives.
• Entrance and still camera fees at all parks and sight-seeing destinations.
• The current National park entry permits and tourism levies and all relevant government taxes.
The Cost :
The cost of this all-inclusive safari is $5400 (£3500) per person. This fee includes all in-country transportation as well as hotel accommodation (double occupancy) and all meals.
What Do I Do Next? How to book this Tiger and wildlife photography tour?
Our groups are small, so space is limited. If you are excited by the thought of becoming a member of this trip, then now is the time to register. Remember, there will be limited space available for this workshop.or if you have any questions before registering, do Contact us with any inquiries.
The Vehicles :
For photography, we will provide a whole row of seats for each photographer, thus providing ample scope, space and flexibility for photography. For the 4x4s normally seating four people, we will seat only two per vehicle, and for the 4x4s seating six, we seat three. Beanbags are provided in each vehicle.
The resorts are quite happy to fill the refillable beanbags on arrival. Lenses of up to 500mm (on full frame) should suffice for 90% of your needs, the animals can get quite close, but it depends on your kind of photography obviously. A 600mm (or more) would be quite necessary for birds.
What's Not Included?
• International airfare and/or other transportation between your home and Nagpur, India.
• Gratuities for hotel staff.
• Gratuities for game drive driver/guides in the National Parks.
• Champagne, cognacs, premium-brand spirits, fine wines and cigars.
• Visas, travel insurance, personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls etc.)
Visitor looking for Tiger Photo Safaris India, Tiger Safari India, Tiger Photography Workshops, Tiger Photography Tours, Indian Wildlife Photography Tours, Pench Photography Tours, Tadoba Photography Tours, Bandhavgarh Tiger Photography, Pench Tiger Photography will find this page useful.