Tiger Photography Tours, India: Tadoba and Kanha National Parks
Due to high density of Tigers, the central Indian region is called Tiger capital of the world. I regularly lead a private group of photographers as well as wildlife lovers (max 6 in a group) to photograph wild Tigers in their natural habitat. We also photograph India's wide variety of native wildlife. India (Nagpur) is where I grew up and the Tiger reserves of Tadoba, Kanha and Pench national parks are like my backyard.
India has over 400 species of mammals so this trip will focus not only on seeing and photographing Tigers, but also on India's unique and varied wild fauna. The birdlife in India is also abundant.
Tiger Photo Safari Highlights
• Take professional quality pictures of Tigers, Leopards and Native wildlife under expert guidance.
•Two of India's best National Parks for photographing Tigers, Leopards and native wildlife.
• Only 6 participants in each tour, ensuring personal attention to each one of you.
• 15 game drives in total to increase photo opportunities.
• Photography tuition covering all aspects of wildlife photography.
• Extra attention to accommodate special needs of our photographic equipment.
• Luxury accommodations, including all meals and private road transfers between all stops throughout the trip.
• Focus on up-close and real wildlife experiences from the surroundings of premier accommodations.
Is This Trip For You?
1. We welcome photographers of ALL levels. This safari will be conducive to learning from one another and include instruction that will suit everyone’s photographic needs. No question is off limits, no inquiry too basic.
2. We are BIG on photographing in the field. We will spend most of our time and effort on safari / photographic activities and making images.
3. Non-photographer or videographer spouses / travel companions will love these safaris. The wildlife and cultural experiences on this trip will appeal to anyone with a love for animals and adventure. We have specialist guides leading all activities.
Group Size Limit : Max 6 participants only.
Traveling in a small group is the best way to for photographic adventures and to experience the nature closely.
Keeping that in mind, we have only six people on each tour and each photographer gets a whole row of seat for comfort and to accomodate photography gear. This will ensure you would have plenty of space or shooting fast action as well as you would enjoy a comfortable ride. we'll depart early in the morning to chase the best light, remain at a site of specific photographic interest to fully explore the potential, or move to a new destination when desired.
Tour Dates: Tours are available to Kanha and Tadoba National Park during the following months. Since we operate tours in small groups (max 6 participants in a group) we are able to tailor the tour that suits your schedule, rather than publishing our own dates.
Dec 2016 -> last 4 places available
Jan 2017 -> last 4 places available
Feb 2017 -> last 4 places available
Mar 2017 -> 6 places available
Apr 2017 -> 6 places available
May 2017 -> 6 places available
Jun 2017 -> 6 places available
(Day 1) Arrive at Hotel Radisson Blu, Nagpur
You will be warmly welcomed at Nagpur International airport and chauffeured to The Radisson Blu hotel, which is located just 10 minutes away. We will spend one night at the Radisson.
Accommodation is in Superior View Rooms with en-suite facilities. The restaurant and bars at the Radisson are a treat to the taste buds. Guests can choose from a variety of cuisines and ambiance to enjoy an exceptional dining experience.
Our stay here will include all meals. Dinners, Lunches and Breakfasts are also included for the rest of the trip.
(Day 2 - Day 4) Tadoba Andhari National Park
After an early breakfast, we will be chauffeured to the Tadoba Andhari Tiger Reserve, which is about 2 hours drive from Nagpur.
After we check-in at Irai Safari Retreat and have a bite to eat, we will quickly check camera settings, take a few test shots and embark on our first game drive in Tadoba National Park in the afternoon.
Tadoba National Park is an essential stop on any serious Tiger safari as it is has one of the highest concentrations of this magnificent animal. Tadoba Tiger reserve has a thriving Tiger population, it offers guests a good chance of encountering the king of the jungle, as well as a selection of other exotic wildlife. Its mixed deciduous forests and woodlands are interspersed with flat grasslands and serene waterholes.
The park offers a variety of wildlife including the Gaur (Indian Bison), Sloth Bear, Sambar Deer, Muntjacini (barking deer), Nilgai Antelope, wild Boar, Asiatic jackal, Bengal fox, Ratel, grey Mongoose, striped Hyena, jungle Cats, and Leopards. The common Langur is also found here. There are also 250 species of bird known to occur in the park.
Accommodation at Tadoba: Irai Safari Retreat
(Day 5) We will wake up and have a morning game drive at Tadoba after which we will return to our lodge and enjoy another amazing meal. We will check out and say goodbye to the staff before being chauffered to the Kanha National Park. It takes about 5.5 hours by road. We will arrive at Singinawa Jungle Lodge in the late afternoon, check in and get settled in. Upon arrival we will have tea or coffee and after dinner, we will enjoy the tribal dance (Baiga dance) performed by local tribesmen and women around a bonfire.
(Day 6 - Day 9) Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh
Kanha National Park: This picturesque reserve boasts the ideal habitat for both tigers and their prey species. Lush sal and bamboo forests are interspersed with vast grassy meadows known as maidans, while the Banjaar River, which forms the park’s border, provides a steady water source for the abundant wildlife.
We will have morning and afternoon game drives, taking advantage of every opportunity to be out on safari, seeking Tigers and other amazing species of mammals and birds while at Kanha.
This morning we will have our last game drive in Kanha, and after our game drive we will return to the lodge and enjoy a nice brunch and then a leisurely check out. We will be transferred by road to Nagpur, which should take around 4.5 hours, to arrive in time for our early evening flight.
If you would like to stay the evening in Mumbai/Delhi or want to see the Taj Mahal, please let us know. We would be happy to arrange any additional travel for you.
What's included in the tour?
• Accommodation on a Twin shared basis (single rooms may be available - please inquire)
• All meals (Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, snacks, Tea/Coffee)
• Private game drive activities for our group at both Tadoba and Kanha National Parks
• Private meet and assist services at the airport and chauffeured transfer to the hotel
• Private vehicles and drivers for all road transfers throughout the trip
• Soft drinks and bottled water during sightseeing tours and long drives
• Doctor / Emergency medical service
• The current National Park entry permits and tourism levies and all relevant government taxes
The cost of this all-inclusive photography tour is US$4499 per person. This fee includes all in-country transportation as well as hotel accommodation (double occupancy) and all meals. (For complete privacy, single supplement gives you own cottages at all accommodations, just for $350)
These photographic Tiger safaris are very popular and we only have 6 places on each tour. It is highly recommended to reserve your places by paying a 10% deposit amount. Remaining 90% amount is payable 90 days before the tour start date. The deposit money can be paid by paypal or by using your credit or debit card and its completely secure.
For photography, we will provide a whole row of seats for each photographer, thus providing ample scope, space and flexibility for photography. For the 4x4s normally seating four people, we will seat only two per vehicle, and for the 4x4s seating six, we seat three. Beanbags are provided in each vehicle.
What do I do next? How to book this Tiger and wildlife photography tour?
Our groups are small, so space is limited. If you are excited by the thought of becoming a member of this trip, then now is the time to register. Remember, there will be limited space available for this workshop. If you have any questions before registering, do Contact us with any inquiries.
The resorts are quite happy to fill the refillable beanbags on arrival. Lenses of up to 500mm (on full frame) should suffice for 90% of your needs, the animals can get quite close, but it depends on your kind of photography obviously. A 600mm (or more) would be quite necessary for birds.
What's Not Included in the tour?
• International airfare and/or other transportation between your home and Nagpur, India
• Gratuities for hotel staff
• Gratuities for game drive driver/guides in the National Parks
• Champagne, cognacs, premium-brand spirits, fine wines and cigars
• Visas, travel insurance, personal purchases (including curios, spirit liquors, telephone calls etc.)
Mandatory Travel Insurance :
Since the areas we travel to on this trip are remote and wild (that's why we go there!), we require travel insurance for
our guests' safety. We will require proof of insurance coverage including your insurance company's name, contact number
and your individual policy number. Thank you for understanding that our mandatory insurance policy is in place for your
Visitor looking for Tiger Photo Safaris India, Tiger Safari India, Tiger Photography Workshops, Tiger Photography Tours, Indian Wildlife Photography Tours, Kanha Photography Tours, Tadoba Photography Tours, Bandhavgarh Tiger Photography, Pench Tiger Photography will find this page useful.