Serengeti Photo Safari
This payment reserve your place on the Serengeti Photo Safari (Tanzania). The payment is 100% secure and your place will be confirmed immediately.
If you are going to book for two (or more) people, please change number of persons, price will change automatically depending on number of places you are booking.
Please note : If DEPOSIT is paid for booking, remaining payment is due 90 days before safaris.
Serengeti Photo Safaris : Serengeti is incomparable to any other place in Africa. The diversity and sheer volume of animals in this region is amazing. There is no other place like Serengeti for wildlife photographers.
What makes Serengeti Photo Safaris so special?
The abundance of Lions, Leopards and Cheetahs and the daily activities like hunting by these big cats makes it an ideal location to photograph the big cats in their natural habitat. During Serengeti Photo Safaris, you can photograph the stalking big cats , attacking their prey or the tender moments of Lion family where a cub playing with lioness.
The vast African landscapes, sunrises and sunsets are to die for. Serengeti has featured in several BBC, National Geographic documentaries over years. Fulfil the dream of photographing and watching these magnificent big cats of Africa and create pictures of lifetime.
The diversity of animals (Big Five – Lions, Leopards, Elephants, Buffalos and Rhinos and the popular Giraffes, Hyenas, Elands and Gazelles to name a few and huge number of birds are present in Serengeti . The annual wildebeest migration is a spectacular phenomenon not to be missed.
Is This Serengeti Photo Safari For You?
1. We welcome photographers of ALL levels and non photographers. This safari will help you to learn from one another and include instruction that will suit everyone’s photographic needs.
2. We spend A Lot of time photographing in the field. We will spend most of our time and effort on safari / photographic activities and making images.
3. Non-photographer or videographer spouses / travel companions will love these safaris. The wildlife and cultural experiences on this trip will appeal to anyone with a love for animals and adventure. We have specialist guides leading all activities.
At camp guests enjoy morning, evening and night game drives in custom built 4×4’s. Sundowners at scenic viewing points, from where you can enjoy a drink watching the sun set over the Serengeti. And escorted bush walks with Maasai warriors and safari guide, where you can get an insight into the tribal people, their way of life and also learn more about the animals, birds and plants of the Serengeti.
Within the conservancy guests enjoy morning , evening and night game drives, sundowners at scenic viewing points and escorted walks with Maasai guides. The camp is located in the Serengeti . It has its own airstrip for private charter flights with daily scheduled flights to Serengeti from Arusha.
Day 1: All the participants fly to Arusha and meet at 5 Star Hotel in Arusha on day 1 and introduce each other. Detailed briefing of the week ahead will provided by the tour leader.
Day 2: After breakfast we all take a 45 mins small flight to Serengeti from airport. After lunch, we head for our first game drive. We will be staying at Nimali Central Serengeti camp.
Day 3: We will go for morning and afternoon game drives with lunch breaks in between. We will leave early and come back late if we see interesting activities happening during the herd crossing river so we are flexible on that. Between morning and afternoon game drives, we do photography review sessions, to learn new techniques, see each others work and to improve our skills.
Post processing sessions are organised twice during the week, which provides detailed Adobe Lightroom tuition.
Day 4-7: Same as day 3
Day 8: After our morning game drive, we head back to the camp and take late morning flight to Arusha.
Our camp is based inside the national park, which means there will be very few vehicle around us when we want to photograph animals. We will also go for night game drives when wildlife is most active.
What animals you might see in Serengeti Photo Safari ?
- Lions, Leopards & Cheetahs
- Elephants, Giraffes and Rhinos
- Waterbuck, Springboks , Hippos and Zebras
- Serval, Baboons and Ostrich
- Crocodiles, Wildebeest, Jackals
- Various species of birds
What’s included in the Serengeti Photography Tour?
• CompletePhotography and post processing tuition.
• Accommodation on a Twin shared basis (single rooms may be available – please inquire)
• All meals (including Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, snacks, Tea/Coffee and local alcoholic beverages)
• Private game drive activities for our group.
• Private meet and assist services at the airport and chauffeured transfer to the hotel
• Private vehicles and drivers for all road transfers throughout the trip
• Soft drinks, bottled water and snacks during drives and safaris
• Flying Doctor / Emergency medical service
• The current National Park entry permits and tourism levies and all relevant government taxes
Tour Leader: Perhaps the most important aspect of a photographic safari is your leader. All our photo safaris including are personally hosted and lead by experienced wildlife photographers.
Our professional wildlife photographers have spent years in the wilderness, following specific animals day after day for several months and witnessing extraordinary and rare to see behavior. They have extensive first-hand knowledge on the behavior of many animals including Leopards, Lions, Cheetahs and Elephants.
Apart from organising your photo-safaris, they will accompany you to Serengeti , share his knowledge of wildlife as well as help you with expert tips on wildlife photography as well as post processing. They will be there to coordinate with the driver, instructing on best positioning, approach, timings and lighting conditions etc.
What’s Included in the Serengeti Photo Safari?
- One night stay at a 5 star Arusha Hotel with dinner
- Flights to and from the Serengeti from Arusha
- All airport transfers and ground transportation of luggage
- All accommodation and all meals at the camp
- All park fees
- Exclusive vehicles and qualified driver guides
- Flying Doctor emergency medical service
- Photography tuition
What is NOT included?
- International flights to and from Tanzania
- Travel Insurance
- Tanzania visa (USD50)
- Tips and gratuities for staff
Cost : Please press the BOOK NOW button to see the cost of this all-inclusive safari.
A single, optional supplement is available. Single supplements are optional for single travelers who want their own room and tent. Otherwise single travelers are paired with another single traveler of the same gender. These photographic Serengeti safaris are very popular and we only have 6 places on each tour. It is highly recommended to reserve your places by paying a 25% deposit amount online. Remaining 75% amount is payable 90 days before the tour start date.
Lens Hire: Lens hire is available from Nagpur, so that you do not need to worry about the hiring and delivery and return of it in your country. It also eliminates the problem of weight restrictions.
For photography, we will provide a whole row of seats for each photographer, thus providing ample scope, space and flexibility for photography. For the 4x4s normally seating four people, we will seat only two per vehicle, and for the 4x4s seating six, we seat three. Beanbags are provided in each vehicle as is a provision to clamp tripod heads on the roof as well.
What Do I Do Next?
Our groups are small, so space is limited. If this exciting trip has your name on it; if you’re excited by the thought of becoming a member of this trip, then now is the time to register. Remember, there will be limited space available for this workshop. When they’re spoken for, that’s it. If you have any questions before registering, contact us.
Recommended Lenses for Serengeti photography safari:
- Long range lens: 400mm or 500mm lenses mounted (ideally) on a full frame body.
- Medium range lens 70-200mm
- (optional) Ultra wide angel lens 10-24mm , 17-40mm.
- (optional) 1.4x , 1.7x and 2x teleconverters
Lenses of up to 500mm (on full frame) should suffice for 80% of your needs, the animals can get quite close, but it depends on your kind of photography obviously. A 600mm (or more) would be quite necessary for birds.
Bean bag for support is highly recommended for camera support. The camp staff would be providing their own however you can bring your own and the camp staff will be happy to fill it up for you.